First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design
There was an error in this gadget

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Its been a while!

Finally found some time to post up. We got the car all jammed out and reassembled. Now for the finish body work. Its at a stage where a real professional is needed and that isn't me. Brian and his crew are trying to find time to finish it up, but its been a struggle.

In the meantime, I have been building a 1950 chevy. I have redone the engine, suspension and I am in the process of chopping it..I'll try to get a blog together for that too.

Friday, February 11, 2011

Test Panel Is Done

Check out some pics of the test panel Brian put together based on his initial design. The blue is Belize Blue, from Honda of all places, but it was a unanimous decision. The Brushed stainless accents with orange hand striping are awesome. We are still debating the orange, but the rest of the scheme is a go.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Steering is done!....Again!

Last weekend I got the new Flaming River rack in...it was supposed to be dimensionally identical to a regular MustangII rack. Yeah right! We had to adjust ( with a cutoff wheel) the cross member tweak he tie rod ends and trim the inner tie rods. Today I got the last bit of trimming done and got them all adjusted so that I have travel all the way to the stops.
Threw in some pics of Brians car also. I got that finalized and got it timed, so he is ready to go to paint.
I worked on the fender skirts today and got them a little closer to perfect.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Car is coming apart again! And for the last time!

Got the decklid and fenders off today for finishing and jamming. Gotta pick the color tomorrow, its gonna be a big day. This week I got Brian's Biscayne running and tomorrow, with any luck, I'll get the brakes bled and get it moving around under its own power again. We hope to get both cars finished for Santa Maria. Stay tuned

Monday, January 3, 2011

At last, an update!

Huge thanks to Brian, Brett and Bob for kicking ass on the car last Friday. They managed to get it into final prime and it looks SMOOOOOTH! Found a couple of little spots that need some finishing, but its pretty close. Looking forward to blasting it apart and getting it jammed soon!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

No new pics

BUT..thanks to Brian and Jamie, we managed to get the whole car blocked down at 150 and it came up really nice. We need to pop the trunk off and re-glue the inside framework so that the skin doesn't flex so much and we can get it flat. Otherwise, there is one small corner of the hood that needs some love and we are ready to guide coat it again and block it down further. We are actually getting close to final prime!

Sunday, November 7, 2010

heavy prime complete

We got the car in the booth Saturday morning. Hit it with 150 grit,wiped it down and started priming. Brian and Brett layed two gallons of feather fill on it and it turned out great. We have. Couple of small things to fix and then we guidecoat,sand with 150, guidecoat again and go 220 then another prime session.