First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Sunday, June 27, 2010

May 27th. Gauges and Cooling complete

Another productive week comes to an end.We managed to get the radiator inlet and outlet modified and get hoses on both.  We got the radiator permanently mounted and got the cooling fan and heat exchanger for the intercooler mounted also.
This week I fought with the new diff.  Turns out I have an oddball 9" with big bearings.  That would be OK, but EVERYTHING I got from Randy's is for a small bearing rear. After some research with Ray at SP and Tate at Randy's we came up with a bearing and seal that would work and we pressed them on.  After pulling them apart a second time to install the wheel studs (DOH!) I got them installed for the last time.  Brake pads for the 76-78 Ford LTD Country Squire Wagon that the rear came out of are basically obsolete...yeah, super...I found two sets and bought both, just in case.
Danny got the fuel tank sump finished and re-installed.  Just need some fitting to complete the fuel system.
Jamie came by on Sunday and we got the dash (that sucker weighs about 80lbs!) installed into the car.  I then mounted up the steering column so I could figure out the next challenge of getting the shaft to mate up with the new rack.  It doesn't look as pretty as I thought it did a month ago, so we'll be doing some exploring of options there.

No comments:

Post a Comment