First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Friday, April 23, 2010

Engine is out

Today, Jimmy got the engine out, and we removed all of the front sheetmetal. After some research, it looks like airbags for the front are a no-go without more fabrication that I care to take on. The trick, it seems, is to go with some seriously heavy-duty torsion bar replacements and crank them to the desired ride height. Should ride and handle well.
The Cummins is a rear sump design, so I either have to go with a different pan/pickup or change out the rear-steer setup that is in the car. I am going to try to swap spindles from left to right tomorrow to see if I might be able to fab in a 3/4 ton dodge ram rack and pinion into the front of the frame and simplify my life.
Since we are this far, we will get everything mocked up and then have the frame blasted and painted so its nice and clean. Not sure if I need (or want) to blast the body. Its clean and has nothing more than surface rust, so I think we may be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment