First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Vision

Welcome to my blog! I am going to attempt to document the entire build of a dream that has been brewing for several years.
My name is Erik and I am serial hotrodder. Seriously, I need help. I can't leave anything alone for long. Rattle Rod is the first project that I actually stewed on for years, trying to figure out how to do something different, fresh, relevant and cost-effective.

I decided that I wanted a fat, old, low car that I could transplant a diesel engine into, with the goal of a 12-second quarter mile, 30mpg cruiser that I could drive every day. I started searching in earnest in February of 2010. I quickly realized that anything from my desired target area ('45-'54) was going to be WAY too expensive and probably not in great shape. They would also need complete modernization of all suspension, braking and drivetrain components in order to support the heavy, powerful engine I had in mind.

With that, my focus shifted to the '60's. I wanted something a little different, preferably a Mopar so that we could keep it in the family. I checked out a Chrysler 300, several Cadillacs and finally cam across the beast you see here, a 1967 Chrysler Newport convertible. Hey, if you are gonna cruise, might as well get a tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment