First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 23rd Update


This week we got the subframe connectors welded in and got the rear of the underbelly cleaned up and undercoated. One of my customers also gave me a Ford 9", disc-brake rear, so we cut all the brackets off of it and test fit it with the wheels to see how it fit. We need to shorten it 1.5" on each side, so we'll get that done this week if we have time.
Danny got the Lower Control Arms reinforced and did a little repair on the hood hinge mounts to strengthen them.
I had another minor victory with the convertible top. After some cleaning and cycling of the pump and some serious bleeding, I got it to work. It now goes up and down smoothly.
At the house, I got the dash trim painted up and got the main dash assembly primed. Still need to make the template for the Autometer Gauges, but that shouldn't take long.
I also managed to work out a barter with Brian to handle the painting, and he may have me convinced to shoot it a real color instead of hot rod black. Time to get out the colored pencils again and see what I can come up with.

1 comment: