First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Saturday, May 29, 2010

May 29th Update


Today we got the engine re-installed for what we think is the last time. I got the fuel tank painted, all of the front suspension painted, the old bushings and ball joints out of the arms and the new poly bushings installed.
This week also brought a couple of big boxes from the fine folks at Randy's Ring and Pinion. They set me up with a nodular drop out for the 9 inch, a solid spacer, new axles with the right bolt pattern, a Yukon Grizzly limited slip unit, a set of 3.25 gears and a rebuild kit. The housing is off to Maier Racing to be shortened 1 1/4" per side and then its reinstallation time.
If the motor looks short in the car, that's because I ripped the head off and sent it up to Wright's Machine Shop in Yuba City, CA for a deck and refresh. I am installing heavy duty springs to allow me to get a 4k rev limit. ARP studs will go in Tuesday night after I get the head back.
We installed the engine without the transmission to make sure that the trans is separately serviceable. I want to be sure we can get it in and out without disassembling the whole front of the car.
We mocked up the intercooler mounting this week too; we'll get it installed later this week as the front of the car comes together.

No comments:

Post a Comment