First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Body Work...ARGGGG

OK, so over the past ten days, we managed to get the hood, doors, decklid and the bulk of the shell taken down to metal. The shell is actually really great-better than expected.
The hood had some obvious bondo in it, but it was pretty hammered when we got it stripped. The AWESOME news is that a guy named Kevin contacted me and had an NOS hood in his rafters that he was willing to GIVE to me--if I could get it down here from Washington state. I started asking around and one of Bay Auto Body's old partners was headed down from Seattle, so I was able to make a deal and get that hood coming.
The other crappy spot was the driver's door. It looked good in primer, but MAN it was hammered. I found a bullet hole, several creases and tons of poorly executed bodywork. Turner's Auto Wrecking in Fresno had a driver's door, so that's on the way now. Everything else looks salvageable.
The intake piping got started last weekend, but I ran out of time and this week has been nuts at the shop, so it will be this weekend before I can get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment