First Rendering

First Rendering
Brian Jennings First Crack At A Design

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Quick update..

OK, so the brakes fought me for 2 days.  Turns out the Wilwood Prop Valve wasn't allowing any fluid to the rear brakes.  I bypassed it for now and the brakes are good.  Wiring is pretty much done until I get the light harnesses and stereo stuff in.
We keep digging in to the bodywork and everything still looks great.  Bob got one of the quarters tacked in, and I'll have pics of the work on Saturday when he gets the other one done.
Had a minor setback with the transmission, we must have nicked the front seal and it was leaking, so we pulled it and resealed it.
You know the adage "Measure twice, cut once"...well, I did that, unfortunately, my math skills must have been off that day, because I managed to cut one of the axles 1/2" too short..DOH!  The car won't motivate very well with one side of the diff spinning free.  Randy's Ring and Pinion is sending out another on for me today, so by tomorrow night (providing I can measure it correctly) the car will be moving under its own power.

No comments:

Post a Comment